“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome to the planet...


I had the song “Dare You to Move” going through my head today. This is the chorus:


I dare you to move

I dare you to move

I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor

I dare you to move

I dare you to move

Like today never happened

Today never happened before


Sometimes, it’s hard to know what God wants us to do in our lives, especially when things haven’t gone the way we thought they would. Have you ever noticed that? However, I am realizing we can’t just pitch a tent in our self-pity and feel sorry for ourselves. Even if we are feeling down in the dumps or unsure of what to do or whatever- we need to get up and move! Remember, God has given us salvation. All we have to do is say, “yes!”


Max Lucado (2004) wrote a book called, “It’s Not About Me.” In it, he writes, “Look at you. Living in a dying body, walking on a decaying planet, surrounded by a self-centered society. Some saved by grace; others fueled by narcissism. Many of us by both...What we need is a glimpse of God.” God tells us in Exodus 33:14, “My presence will go with you. I’ll see the journey to the end” (The Message). So, get up and move toward God.

No comments:

Post a Comment