“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Power of God to Change Lives



Eleven plus years ago, I was married to a very different man. Before we married, I prayed, "God is this really the person you have more me?" At the time, he was a long haul truck driver Nothing against long haul truck drivers, but I was sure I was going to marry someone who would go into ministry with me. While I was praying, I felt the Lord say, "He doesn't even know the calling on his life." With that, I thought, "OK, God you are up to something." And well, I married him...

Early in our marriage, however, we had struggles (don't get me wrong we still have our ups and downs but not like back then). Around year three, I was told about a book called, "The Power of a Praying Wife." At first, I poo-pooed it as a fluff book. I was going through a period of only reading Christian books by C.S. Lewis, Spurgeon, etc. Then, I actually read it and started praying for my husband. Amazingly, I really started seeing changes. Some days after praying a certain prayer for him, Anthony would tell me that he had been going through the same something I had prayed for him about and how he got through it. By the way, I would never tell him what I had prayed for him about until afterward. Inside, I would be doing cartwheels. I thought, "This works!"

The last few years, he has been changing exponentially. God has begun moving in his life and doing amazing things. In fact, this is why I'm telling you this today. This week, Anthony has been getting up early to pray. Instead of complaining about waking up early, he has decided that God would want him to pray. Well, this morning, I was in the shower, when Anthony comes in to say good bye and he says, "I prayed for you this morning that you would have a good day." Then it hit me- this is the man I prayed for. Literally, God has created the man of my dreams.

So, don't give up! Keep praying for your husband. God has the power to change lives. In fact, what I didn't say earlier is I'm not the same person either, God has also changed me.


No comments:

Post a Comment