“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thanking God for all things!

Philippians 4:6 & 7

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

My NIV study Bible explains that thanksgiving is the antidote for worry. It makes sense because a person can't thank God and worry at the same time. A few weeks ago, I was going through a tough time and was having a hard time going to sleep. My mind was racing and I kept worrying about things. Then, I remembered that thanksgiving is the antidote to worry. I began thanking God for all the things he's provided me. Well, wouldn't you know- it worked. So, this week when I felt myself begin to worry, I was able to begin thanking God. My worry faded and peace increased.

Do you have anxiety? What are you thankful for? Try it today. Begin thanking God for what he has already done in your life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment