“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Verse of the week

Our women's group at church is focusing on scripture memory for the year. Our pastor's wife, Sherree, has called it "Live it 52." I am finding that every verse, I mean EVERY verse, has been meaningful and perfect for the week. I don't know how she picked 'em, but she did a great job. I guess the lesson is that "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16 & 17, NIV).

Well, this week's verse is Psalm 32:8:
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" (NIV).

Again, this verse is just the encouragement I've needed this week. This is my last week of work and although, I believe I'm doing the right thing (stepping away). It's a little scary. Did I tell you that the job is now full time with benefits? Yes, full medical, dental and vision. Oh, and it pays about what I made at my old job plus room for a few raises (not boasting, but I did pretty well at my last job). Yet, I did not quit my old job to work as a program coordinator. I left to follow God's calling to become a Marriage and Family Therapist. So, that is what I am doing.

God WILL watch over me. He WILL counsel me. He WILL teach me the way I should go. Thank you, God for this opportunity to step out in faith and serve you. You are my comfort and source of strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment