“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's either this or that way


I'm in grad school. I'll be finishing as soon as I complete all my internship hours. Recently, I took a big leap of faith and resigned my position working for the Baker County School District so I could focus on my internship at First Baptist Church Jax FBCJAX This leap was fraught with a complexity of emotions. I was listening to Enya's "Anywhere Is" and I could identify with the lyrics.
I took the turn and turned to
Begin a new beginning
Still looking for the answer
I cannot find the finish
It's either this or that way
It's one way or the other
It should be one direction
It could be on reflection
The turn I have just taken
The turn that I was making
I might be just beginning
I might be near the end.

Can you relate?

Well, this week I've been buoyed by some great verses:
Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed (NIV).
Psalm 25:4-5 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

May God give you encouragement, too, as you face the many turns that take you "either this or that way."

No comments:

Post a Comment