“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, July 5, 2010

White Chili--Yum!

I found some ground chicken at Publix the other day. I've always wanted to make white chili and thought the ground chicken would be a good choice. I adapted this recipe from Paula Deen's...she called for pieces of chicken and soaking beans. I didn't want to hassle with soaking the beans so I used canned instead. It cut the time down from 1 1/2 hours to 30 minutes. This version could easily be made after work. It was easy and tasted great. I forgot to take a picture but might tomorrow with my leftovers. I put a dollop of table cream on each serving with some monterey jack cheese. You can find the table cream in the mexican food aisle. It comes in a small can. Hope you enjoy the chili!

White Chili
4 16 oz cans of white beans
2 T. butter
½ of a medium onion, diced
1 small can green chilies
1 T. minced garlic
1-pound ground chicken
1-2 T. ground cumin (add one and see if you want more then add the second)
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. ground white pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 tsp. dried cilantro (or use ½ bunch fresh)

In a Dutch oven or big pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft (may need to turn down to medium heat. Do not let the onion brown). Add garlic and green chilies; cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add the ground chicken plus the spices and cook until there is no more pink in the chicken. Add the beans and cook for 30 minutes at a low simmer.

Serve with shredded monterey jack cheese, table cream (or sour cream) and corn muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment